Monday, March 7, 2016



March 7, 2016
Un verdadero milagro!
What an awesome week!
We weren´t able to have more contact with the two ladies named Blanca, so their date fell through.  We had a hard time this week finding people to teach so I decided to include in my fast our desire to find more people to teach and if possible, a family.  Last night at about 9:15pm, we were just about out of plans and didn’t know who to go for.  We felt that we should go to a less actives house so we got on our way.  On the way, we passed by the house of some contacts that we had done on Thursday.  We had helped them put together a closet that they had just bought and they were really nice.  We had already passed by earlier in the day yesterday but they weren’t there.  Now, their lights were on so we decided to give it a try.  They let us in and we had an AWESOME lesson with them.  We talked about how the gospel blesses families and helped them understand our purpose as missionaries.  The spirit was really strong so we felt that we should invite them to be baptized and both of them accepted! We don’t think they are married so we didn’t set a baptismal date but we are going to teach them today to see how it goes.  Emiliano (the husband) offered the closing prayer and said something like this...."Thank you for sending these two young men in this crucial moment of our lives.  I feel like this could be a blessing for our family.  Please bless us so that we can be capable of understanding and accepting the message that they teach......"  WHAT?! Are you serious?  I felt so grateful and just couldn’t believe it.  The lesson was short but powerful.  We were leaving their house by 9:35-40.  I was just amazed at how quickly the Lord answered our prayers.  This is going to be the first family that I have taught in my mission.  Together, they have a son that is 7 that will be 8 in April and a 4 month old boy.  I think they have other kids from another relationship but I am not really sure.
God lives and answers prayers! How cool is that?!  I am so grateful to be here in the mission and definitely would not want to be anywhere else doing anything different than what I am doing.  I love my Savior and the infinite "second chances" that He has given me! Love you all!
Love,
Elder Crofts

Churrasco con Elder Mcallister from Michigan


La Familia Barraza! They are from Punitaqui and are the best !




That drink is called "mote con huesillo."

It is a traditional Chilean drink made from wheat and peaches....I love it!

Yummy, yummy blisters

Thanks Michies for the package! I loved it!
I really like the shirt and all of the candy!


The pension

Leaving the pension


No comments:

Post a Comment