Monday, March 14, 2016



March 16, 2016

Another great week! Unfortunately, we have not been able to teach Emiliano and his family and we are hoping that they haven´t cooled down.... We will have to see how this week goes.  Well... we haven´t lost hope with that family but we were able to find an inactive family.  The Huitrañan family (it is a Mapuche name) lives in very poor circumstances and as a result got into drugs and alcohol. The way we found them was a miracle.  For time, it will have to wait for another day.  One of the family members decided right there and then in the lesson that we had with him that he wanted to turn his whole life around and be a blessing for others and not a nuisance.  He threw away the drugs he had and also made other HUGE changes that I will have to talk to you guys about after.  It was a CRAZY day! The whole family came to church and yesterday we taught them and they are praying as a family.  They asked for all of the Mormon movies that we have, and they want to give us lunch this Saturday.  Talk about a dramatic change.

We watched a satellite conference by Elder Bednar for the area on Saturday and also had a conference broadcasted from Salt Lake for all of Chile on Sunday.  Elder Soares and President Nelson were my favorites.  What impacted me most with Elder Bednar’s talk is the importance of learning "line upon line."  He said that we shouldn’t feel bad or disappointed if we don’t feel as "awesome" as the prophets and apostles because they have 50 years more of consecrated service than we do.  That is something that has been a real fight for me in the mission, accepting that I have to learn at the Lord´s pace and in His timing.  We do our best and then trust in the Lord to hasten His work.  In the conference on Sunday, they talked a lot about forgiveness, the Book of Mormon, obedience and charity.  Hopefully, someday I can have a love as pure as the apostles do for God, Christ, and everyone that surrounds them. 

I really just love my mission.  Every day I love it more and more.  The Atonement, repentance and forgiveness just blow my mind.  God loves us so much and I am so grateful that I can share that love here in Ovalle.  I hope you all have a great week and that you can help someone feel like God is there and that he loves them.

Love,
Elder Crofts
I love Chile



P-Day Activities





The usual food photos in case you thought Elder Crofts was missing a meal















That is one big grape






No comments:

Post a Comment