Monday, January 4, 2016



January 4, 2016

The Sky is lit up and our pension did too.

Well... as I said in the email subject, we didn’t have any electricity in our pension for a few days.  The owner of our pension changed the account number without letting us know so we never paid the light bill but we got it all sorted out! We got home on New Year’s Eve and finally the electricity was back.  Our food in the fridge was all ruined but at least we got it sorted out! We had an awesome New Year’s Eve dinner with some members and some of the sisters in our zone! We brought funeral potatoes and they were a huge hit!  We had to be in the pension at 11pm but we were able to stay up to see the fireworks which was cool.

President Diaz gave us a zone activity this week.  He let us see "The Cokesville Miracle."  It was great! It starts out a little sketchy and Elder Call and I looked at each other and said "what are we showing our missionaries!" haha But it was great and strengthened my testimony of prayer.  

Well, they told us like a month ago that Elder Texeira of the Seventy was coming to our mission on January 6th but there has not been any follow up from the missionary department.  So, we are not sure if we are going to have the conference or not this week.  If we do have it, I should receive the other package you sent on Wednesday. If not, well happy Valentine’s Day. hahaha Welcome to the Chilean postal service.

I am really excited for a new year. Looking back, I know that I haven´t been perfect and I have a lot to improve in these last 6 months in the mission field.  But, I am excited to keep learning and serving the best that I can.  I love you guys and hope you have a great year! 

Love,
Elder Crofts

Skyping on Christmas Day

Family photo at the end of our Skype session

We had a repeat of the miracle in La Chimba last week

Interchanges in our lightless pension with Elder Winward

Chorillana made by David Alfaro!!!

That guy leaves a mark.


Our New Year's dinner!







No comments:

Post a Comment