Tuesday, January 12, 2016



January 12, 2016

ROAD TRIP!!
WoW!!! So we got a surprise call on Friday telling us that we would have to drive with The Jones (Senior missionaries) to Santiago because Elder Jones was having some chest pains.  A few years ago, he had a minor heart attack so they weren't treating it lightly.  We left Monday morning at 6:30 and started the 6 hour drive from Ovalle to Santiago.  Yesterday, we had trouble finding a place to stay so we ended up staying in the Marriott. Words can’t describe the amount of awe I felt...haha Elder Call and I were as giddy as two fat little kids in Willie Wonka's Chocolate Factory.  We are going to be here until tomorrow.  We have been helping to translate for them and also drive just in case Elder Jones can’t.  Talk about a 180 degree twist.  It has been cool but I really just want to get back and start working.  We have so much to do and hopefully we can keep the work going.  

We have a baptismal date with a guy named Guillermo. It is for the 24th.  He is 65 and has some problems with the law of chastity.  Hopefully we can help him overcome it and get him ready.  We have changes this week and I am thinking we will stay together.  Time will tell!!! 

I love Elder Call.  He is an awesome guy and a great missionary.  We are learning a lot, working hard, and trying to get creative and enjoy the ride.

Les Quiero muchisimo! 
Elder Crofts

P.S. Happy 80th Birthday Grandma Crofts.  My favorite memory of Grandma I think will always be helping her get the table ready for Sunday dinner, seeing her at my sport games, and hearing her funny sarcastic comments whenever something inopportune happens.  I will always remember her patience, her sincerity, and her love for everyone.  I could go on and on but my computer time doesn’t allow it!  I love her to death!  

Outside the Santiago Temple. Unfortunately, we can't go in the temple....but it is still cool to be here!




SANTIAGO!!

The Marriott sure was great!
We soaked up every moment.

Excited by a modern bathroom


You know you've been away from modern things when even the hotel hallway deserves a photo

Feeling at home in the gym




Shots of Santiago from the Marriott






For anyone who has eaten fast food with Elder Crofts you will appreciate the tray of food in front of him





Video Diaries-





No comments:

Post a Comment