Monday, June 15, 2015



June 15, 2015

Holaaaaaaaaaaa querida familia,

Cristian was confirmed a member yesterday and it went well! We had ward conference so it really was an awesome meeting.  I always play the piano but yesterday we did a special music number and it went really well.  (Two sisters were sitting up front bawling so it either was really bad or really good)

So we are in the process of trying to find new investigators.  We found two the other day: Belén(15) and Manuel(24).  They are both awesome and we were really excited when we found them.  We taught them the restoration and they said that if they received answers about the Book of Mormon they would be baptized.  We taught them outside in their yard because their dad is not very interested....at all.  It was later at night and it was SUPER cold.  They live up in the top of the hill that is in our sector so there was a ton of wind blowing through.  At the end, we apologized for it being so cold and for being outside so long.  Belén responded "It was worth it".  So hopefully this interest that they have can grow so they can be baptized.  They didn’t come to church yesterday.... so we will see what happens next week.

So in our search for investigators, we were knocking some apartment doors and nobody wanted anything to do with us. haha We started walking and an old 90ish year old man was slowly walking using the hand rail.... and I mean SLOWLY.  We started to talk with him and asked if he was interested.  He kept his slow and steady walk and said "Quizás mas adelante" (maybe later on) haha we almost died of laughter after we left him. haha Well... His arms are always stretched out still.  

Today I read a talk that Amy sent me when I was in the CCM.  It is called "Swallowed up in the Will of the Father."  It really inspired me and gave me a strong desire to work hard.  It is hard to get rejected constantly every day.  I think the hardest part is not getting used to getting rejected (who knows... maybe it could be useful for the dating life after the mission...haha)  I am trying hard to follow the spirit and not just pass by each day in the routine of mission life.  In the talk, he talks about the sins of commission and the sins of omission.  Most of us don’t have problems with sins of commission (Word of Wisdom, Law of Chastity...etc)  But rather it is the sins of omission(the things we should do but that remain undone).  But the Celestial kingdom won’t be filled with people who just "didn’t do bad things".  It will be filled with people who don’t do bad things and who try every day to do good and to be more like the Savior.  I love the mission and I love the privilege I have to try and have my will be "swallowed up in the will of the father."  I love you all.  Thanks for the prayers and emails.  It means a lot! Prayers coming your way! 

Love,
Elder Crofts
I made some of Mom's cookies for the Relief Society. They were a hit!


Our Ward Mission Leader. Super great guy!
The Bishopric. Jose (the one next to me) served his mission in Ogden!!
Marcela! Haha we were taking pics and she wanted in as well!

Family night with a less active and JUANITO!!




I died when I saw this pic. Haha

Interchange with Elder Gomez from Argentina. Great Day!


Last district meeting of the change!


Family night with the Jorquera family!









No comments:

Post a Comment