Monday, March 9, 2015



March 9, 2015

Hola amigos,

Well our two baptismal dates that we had fell through.... But I found out that Angelica (the woman from Concon) was baptized so that was a sweet feeling! Bummer that I couldn’t see it.

This week, we found two new families.  We are only teaching the Moms right now but if we help them progress it could turn into some good things! One of them is really active in her other church but still feels like she lacks something and the other is really interested in the plan that God has for her family.  So hopefully we can make some good things happen! Yesterday we had 96 people that came to church (15-20 more than our average in my time here).  We had two investigators that came and a lot of less actives that have not come in months that we visited and got to come! So that was a sweet feeling.  I am the designated piano player of this ward and I think of how I should have practiced a lot more when I was younger every time I have to play.  I am super jealous of Amy. haha 

Well one of our investigators is a little tough to find.  But on Tuesday, we did a service project for her.  She wanted us to patch up some holes in her roof.  We got there and she didn’t have any materials to do anything so I was  little lost in what we should do.  I was on an interchange with Elder Haro and in the end I had to go straight up Jackie Chan and jump up on top.  She is super poor and her house shows it.  The wood is rotting and the roof is made of tin sheets....let’s just say it was a little sketchy.  It was super hot and I was sweating buckets.  I finally covered up the patches with some tin sheets that she had behind the house.  Now the tough part getting down..... Really the only option was too jump but it was pretty high up there and I could imagine Dad´s reaction getting a call saying that his son was coming home because he had broken his ankle jumping off of a roof.  So as I meditated what I should do I really was just uncertain.  The thought then came to my mind "say a prayer".  I said a quick silent prayer and seconds after we found an old mattress hidden behind her house.  Elder Haro brought it over so that I could jump.  I was still a little hesitant but trusted in that the prayer would be answered and I did it.  Everything turned out fine and it was a safe landing.  This woman is really depressed and told us that she thought about killing herself last week.  Her husband recently died and she feels like her life his hopeless.  I read some verses from Alma 36 with her (one of my favorite chapters) and bore my testimony to her of the Savior and that there is always hope.  She started to cry and said that she wants to be baptized and the whole deal but she never comes to church and never reads what we ask her to do.  She is not progressing and it is a bummer because I know how much this really could change her life.

So.... there are a lot of drug problems.... like a lot. haha we were walking down the street and some car was just parked in the center with two guys sitting in the front seats.  The man in the drivers seat called to us and told us that he is looking for a clean, drug free young man to come and work for him but can’t find anyone. (as his companion is enjoying some lovely cocaine to the side of him)  He clearly was drunk and was full of wisdom. haha He then told us that he had listened to the missionaries before and that he didn’t believe that the message was true because the missionary had a nice watch so he clearly had his heart in things of the world.... aye aye aye.  He then said that he would be baptized if we answered correctly 2 of 3 questions.

1. "What is half of 2 plus 2?"  "2" I responded.  "NOPE 3!!!!"

2. "How does a woman’s menstrual cycle happen?" as I thought for a second he then shouted something and drove off...... haha Elder Contreras really almost fell over dead he was laughing so hard.

Well, I am always exhausted every night and it is tough not having people that really progress.  But I am working hard and know that this is the Lord´s work and that if I am worthy of his blessings they will come.  I love the sacrament and the atonement and I know that it is through Christ that we are saved.  I love you all. 

Con Amor,
Elder Crofts

Letter from President Kahnlein

DISTRICT LEADER



Dear Crofts Family,



It is a pleasure for me to greet you and to inform you that your son, Elder Robert Dawson Crofts has been assigned to serve as a District Leader in the Chile Vina del Mar Mission. He has demonstrated a sincere desire to serve the Lord while sharing the gospel, and he has diligently set forth a good example to his companions. His responsibilities have increased along with his opportunity to help others.



I thank you for raising your son in such a dedicated way and pray that our Heavenly Father may bless your family while your son serves in this great work.





Sincerely,



Federico M. Kähnlein

Mission President

Chile Vina del Mar Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment