Monday, March 16, 2015



March 16, 2015

Mi querido familia y amigos,

This was a good week with lots of learning.  There are a lot of ups and downs and I am trying my best to be constant and firm as a missionary.  Well, we meet a lot of interesting people as missionaries.  The other day, we contacted an Evangelica (Evangelist) who started to say that we don’t believe in the Holy Ghost.  We started to explain things to her but then she just started talking and talking (if you give someone 2 seconds to talk, even if they say they don’t have time to start out, they´ll take 30 minutes telling you about their whole life. haha  We told her that we had to go and invited her to visit the church’s website and´then she suddenly shouted, throwing her hands up into the air saying "LORD!!! Why don’t they believe in the Holy Ghost??!!?!?" We then cut her off and said that we had just explained to her that we do believe in it.  She then paused and said "oh.... you do? who told me that you didn’t?"  Always great to see just how well people know the "Mormons."

We found a new investigator named Cristian.  He is the son of a recent convert and is about 35 years old.  His dad just got in a bad car accident and was in the hospital almost all of this week.  He also split up from his wife about a month ago and has been having some hard times.  We showed up to their house on Monday and he said that he had been hoping that we would pass by so we could give him a blessing of strength and comfort.  I honestly felt like Aaron teaching King Lamoni´s dad.  He said that he would be willing to do the things that we invite him to do so that he can feel better.  He has now come to church 2 times and we are hoping to set a baptismal date for the 29th.  Please pray for him!!! 

So the other day some kids were sitting close to a door that we just had contacted.  After we had finished talking with the contact, the kids asked me where I was from.  They didn’t believe me when I said Chile and I asked why not?  They said that it was because I was not speaking Spanish.  I asked them why they could understand me if I was not speaking Spanish.  A little girl said "well....you are speaking Spanish..... but you aren´t....it is a little weird....."  haha  I asked them what I could do to improve and they said “a dictionary and a voice recorder.”  Maybe we will give it a try. haha  After, we gave them a card that said "why am I here on the earth?" one of the little boys responded "because if we were in space we would EXPLODE!".  So there you have it.  Our purpose on the earth is to simply not explode.  It was fun and it definitely motivated me to work on my accent. haha

Well this week, I have learned a lot about humility.  It can be tough sometimes to feel like no one wants to listen and we have just been walking mountains all day but I know that this is where I need to be.  I love the line from the Joseph Smith movie "As we build His temple.... He builds us."  I have learned that He can only build us if we let him do it.  I am trying harder to learn from all of the experiences that we pass through in the mission and I am trying my best to be more like the Savior.  I know this church is true and I am grateful for the small part that I can play in hastening the work of salvation.  

Love,
Elder Crofts
Sorry, we didn't have tons of pics so...selfies it is!
Elder Crofts & Elder Contreras in the area of "perros y cerros" (dogs and hills)

My district where I'm the new district leader

Hermana Forste

She is from Orem & is friends with Savanna Shaw's brother


There was a big fire about 20 minutes from our house



This is where we do our exercises every morning



Anyone got the time?
Nothing like a nice summer tan line




























No comments:

Post a Comment