Monday, March 23, 2015



March 23, 2015
Hola folks,
This past Tuesday, we had a zone conference and it was SO good! I think it was my favorite up to this point.  We talked a lot about the importance of humility.  I have been studying a lot recently about humility and I have realized that there is a lot that I can improve.  It reminded me of my setting apart and the blessing that President Burton gave me.  I have learned that being humble is something that we need to work on day to day and that if we are humble, our faith and ability to recognize the spirit increases.  We also got to watch MEET THE MORMONS!!!!! oh it was really just what I needed and was super powerful! If you haven´t seen it, SEE IT! If you´ve already seen it, SEE IT AGAIN! and take some notes. haha I especially liked the last family that it showed and it reminded me of just a short 9 months ago when I was getting ready for the mission.  The mission can be tough because there are days where the work is just not going how I hope.  But I just need to remember the enthusiasm that I have always had to serve and let that motivate me to do my best.  The thought "you only do this once" has passed through my head a lot this week.  This is true of everything we do.  We should always give our best because we never know if we will have opportunities like this again.
So I found out that Angelica (from Concon) didn’t get baptized because her companion came back.... so hopefully they can work that out.  But Jessenia (that has the little boy) is going to be baptized this Wednesday!!! I was so happy when I found out! She left behind all of the drugs and is depending on the Savior to overcome her trials.  Her boyfriend came back super drunk and she sent him away.  She is starting to understand what is really best for her and her son! I was STOKED this morning when I found out!
So Cristian didn’t accept the baptismal invitation.  He knows he will have to leave behind cigarettes and alcohol.  We have an appointment tonight and it should be good! He feels like he is trapped in a giant hole and can´t get out.  We are trying to help him realized that Christ has prepared the way, his hand is extended to pull him out, he just needs to accept it.  So if all goes well we are going to set a date for the 12th.
In response to your request about the atonement.  I know that Christ is our Savior.  I know that he paid the price for us and made possible the resurrection of all mankind and eternal life of those who follow Him.  I have learned that at times we feel we really just can´t live up to the expectations, we don’t feel good enough.  We feel like we lack the experience, intelligence, or skills necessary to fulfill the things that the Lord asks of us.  There are a lot of times where I feel like I just don’t have the time or experience that I need as a missionary.  There are a lot of things that I would have liked to do differently before the mission and during my time as a missionary.   Sometimes we have disappointments and feel like our past keeps us from moving on toward a brighter future.  But I know that through Christ we can have a blank page in front of us.  I know that the power of His atonement not only redeems us but also uplifts and strengthens us.  I am grateful for this time I have to represent Him the best that I can.
Love you all, 
Elder Crofts

Great view
We are in a trio until Wednesday because Elder Pinillos' (farthest right) companion finished his mission today

Up in the mountains we go


Ward Activity night







No comments:

Post a Comment