Monday, December 8, 2014



December 8, 2014

La Muerta no es el Fin (Death is not the End)

My lovely family and friends,

Well this week had a lot of ups and downs.  Our baptismal date for Rita’s daughter is not going to happen this week because we haven’t been able to teach them and she needs a lot of the lessons still. We are hoping that we can put a date for both of the daughters for the 20th.  We found an awesome guy named Josepe that we have only taught once.  He accepted the invitation to be baptized if he receives an answer.  He needs 3 asistences at the church to be baptized but our mission president said that he doesn’t want anyone to baptize the last weekend of December so that we can start the next year with some good numbers....Kind of sucks because that would mean I won’t be here for the baptism a lot of these people that I think will be baptized that we have contacted or taught. That is... if I get transfered. Yesterday, I had a strong impression to return and talk to a man that was working as a doorman of a building.  We returned and talked with him. His name was ROBERTO. My other half! After talking for a few minutes he said to us "sometimes I ask why things happen....like why you knew to come back and talk to me." He lives in Valparaiso so we won’t get to teach him but I am sure that he will be baptized in a few weeks.  Well I don’t always get to see the fruit of the labor.  But planting the seeds with people are experiences I will never forget!

Well... the father moment of the week happened 2 nights ago when Elder Garcia almost set our building on fire.  He was trying to cook something and put a TON of vegetable oil in a pan....to cook ONE egg.  I was just leaving the bathroom when I heard a bunch of popping coming from the kitchen.  I then saw Elder Garcia running out of the kitchen.  I ran in to see the pan spraying oil all over the kitchen.  I took off the pan and turned off the fire. AYEE CARAMBA.  Well, I am learning lots about patience and about Christ like attributes.  We get along well I just feel I ALWAYS have to remind him of things and tell him to do or not do things. 

Well.... I am happy that Papa´s suffering is done.  Last week, after I was done writing you guys Elder Garcia and I had to go to Viña to get a few things.  As I was in the bus, I started to think about Papa and the night that he fell when I went up to do the snowmobiles. I remembered how bad I felt and some of the feelings came back. I started to tell Elder Garcia about him and about the story and I got a little emotional.  Me...the person who never cries....almost started bawling in a jam packed bus. I don’t know why but I just felt that I knew that this would be his last week in this life.  I think it was Tuesday or Wednesday night that I had a dream with Papa.  It is rare that I ever remember even a little bit of my dreams.  But for some reason I did this time.  I don’t remember all of the details but I know that Papa has received his reward. I know that he lived a life worthy of celestial glory.  There is no doubt in my mind that he lives and that he is happy.  I have to come to KNOW in the mission more than I ever have that our Savior lives, he loves us, and he died for us.  Death is only a pass that we all will face in one point or another.  I know that our eternal happiness is in Christ. I am sad to not be at home to be with the family and that I couldn’t be there for his funeral but I know that I will see him again.  I am so grateful to know that a life that is short, TOO short, is not the end but it is the beginning. I am happy for the privilege I have to share this message with the people of Chile. I am grateful for the gift that our Heavenly Father gave us in sending his son, Jesus Christ, to atone and die for us.  I love you all and will keep you in my prayers.  Tell Nana how much I love her and that she will be in my prayers day and night! 

Love
Elder Crofts  
"Men Working" Got that right

Proving to the world that there is one fold and one shepherd


Mom I got you a present for Christmas
Lunch with the one & only Hermana Navarete
This lady knows how to make food....and lots of it

The fog here gets pretty crazy





No comments:

Post a Comment