Monday, June 6, 2016



June 6, 2016

En el Paraíso de Valparaiso (In the Paradise of Valparaiso)

Well really the only part of my mission that I hadn’t yet been to is now my last sector! VALPARAÍSO.  It is a sector that is VERY well known for its large hills, dogs and the beautiful view of the houses stacked one on top of another. Our pension is about 5 blocks from the ocean so every other day we take a run out to the ocean for exercises.  It is a really pretty place and I am grateful to be here! 

My last companion will be Elder Briton Vail.  He is from Olympus and says he had seen Katherine and Seth in school! Kinda cool! He has a year and a half in the mission and is an awesome Elder.  Looks like I will be finishing out as a zone leader.

I am going to try to work my best! We don’t have anyone with baptismal dates or progressing right now.  These past couple of days, I have been analyzing how we are going to work together and what changes we can make to have more success.  Hopefully I can get my thoughts organized and get things going!

The other day I started feeling a little bit stressed out as I thought about the changes I want to see in our sector, in our investigators and especially in myself in my last 6 weeks as a missionary.  I fasted yesterday and received a lot of answers to my prayers.  I feel like the scripture in Ether 12:27 is something that every person has to learn through their own experience.  "I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I still feel week as a person but I guess that is part of becoming dependent upon Christ.  Our human weaknesses sure do suck sometimes but if we allow them to change and humble us they can be a huge blessing.  I am so excited to work hard, get teaching and get the work going here in Valparaíso.  Have a great week! 

Elder Crofts

Perla (The Huitranan Family) came to say goodbye.

Francisca, her 6 year old daughter, gave me her Barney doll so I could remember her.

They also gave me Jorge's (5 months) binky. hahaha


Saying goodbye to the Jones


Enjoying the ride to Vina with my beloved Elder Ashcraft.


WAFFLESSSSSSS!

We have a waffle maker. God is so good.


Elder Vail, my new comp
As zone leaders, we carry the materials for the zone in our suitcases.

I had to bring 2 boxes of books in mine....

Looks like that poor guy has come to his end. haha






Pink ties and our sweet elevator!


Some of the beautiful views we have here in Valpo!








No comments:

Post a Comment