Monday, December 7, 2015



December 7, 2015

So I got transferred! I am now in Ovalle with Elder Call from Oregon.  He has two transfers left in the mission and is awesome! We have a lot in common and we are already really good friends! I was bummed to say goodbye to Villa Alemana but I really like it here in Ovalle and it looks like we are going to have a lot of success.  I was a little bummed to leave Villa Alemana because we had just started to have an investigator named Victor come to church two times and he had a baptism date for the 13th.  But I lost one and got here for another baptism.

Yesterday, we had a baptism of a 19 year old girl named Cathy.  She is really awesome.  We are working with her grandma as well and we have the goal to baptize 4 people this month! We have already seen some miracles and we hope to get the work going well here! Ovalle is a district.  We are part of Ovalle Sur but also have two branches that are about 45 minutes away that we have to visit once each month.  So every Friday, we will be traveling to Poni Taqui to preach the word and strengthen the branch.  There are only about 12 people that come to church each week so we have a lot of work to do.! haha

We had a  zone activity in Poni Taqui to start to get the work going.  We had some success and were able to make some good visits.  There has never been so many missionaries in the branch all at once! It was great!

So Ovalle is like a 6 hour bus ride from Viña.  On Wednesday evening, we left Viña and we got to Ovalle at about 1 in the morning on Thursday.  On Friday, we had consejo for mission leaders so at 1 o clock in the morning on Friday we had to take a bus back to Viña.  We had the meeting all day and then took a bus back to Ovalle at 6 o clock in the afternoon.  We got to Ovalle at about 12:30am ..... so basically this week we haven’t slept normally at all... haha


I love this work and I love all of you! I hope you have a great week!

Hasta la vista! 
Elder Crofts
Cathy got baptized
Elder Call is the blondie! My comp!!!

Elder Dunn, my trainer


First time on the bus!

Bus rides and more bus rides....





I am not a huge fan of traveling...but we made the best of it!







Zone activity in Poni Taqui






No comments:

Post a Comment