Tuesday, November 24, 2015



November 23, 2015

What an awesome week! 

Humberto got called to stand up in stake conference and will be receiving the Melchizedek Priesthood here soon.  We still have been struggling to find people that progress but we found 3 new investigators in the last week and we are hoping and praying that they will progress!

So as missionaries, we ALWAYS offer our help and try to serve people.  A woman carrying her groceries, we are there.  A man carrying wood into his yard, we are there.  So the other day we saw a woman that was carrying some small stones into her front yard.  I saw her and quickly offered our help.  Right as I said that I saw that she was making some sort of shrine for Virgin Mary.  Luckily she said that she was fine but I imagined what it would have been like to see two missionaries helping to make a shrine for Mary. haha 

I had an interchange with Elder Brock on Tuesday and we walked A LOT.  Like I don’t think I will EVER complain after the mission about walking because I have gotten so used to it.  Chile’s soccer team played a World Cup qualifier at about 8 so we basically just wandered looking for people to teach.  Highlights of the day? Some guy asked us for paper to smoke marijuana.... umm..... no? haha  and Elder Brock also got splashed as a car drove through a puddle that was on the side of the road.  It was just like the movies and I think the first time I have actually seen it happen. haha

So I am thinking that this will be my last full week in Villa Alemana.  Changes are on the 5th and I imagine that I will get transferred.  I heard a story this week that I really liked.  It talked about a little girl who was at the beach and for hours would throw the beached starfish back into the ocean.  One man, after watching in awe for a few minutes, came up to her and asked her "Little girl, why are doing that?  You are wasting your time. Doing that just doesn’t make any sense".  To which the girl responded "It makes sense for the starfish."  It made me think of the many days I have had here in Villa Alemana working and trying to save all of the people that I can.  I haven´t brought a lot of people into the church and some might say that my time here just doesn’t make any sense.  But I know that it makes sense and I know it makes sense for the few that I have been able to help and I know it definitely makes sense for God. I love the work that I am doing and I love my Savior.  I hope you all have an awesome week! (I mean how can you not? Thanksgiving sure makes for a good time!) Eat lots of turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, and banana cream pie for me! I sure you love you all! Thanks for everything!

Un abrazo!
Elder Crofts 

All of these photos were posted on Facebook by some of the members in Villa Alemana












No comments:

Post a Comment