Sunday, October 18, 2015



October 12, 2015

Wow,

Truth is that this week flew by and I don’t know where to start.  We had interviews with President Diaz this week and it went really well.  On Wednesday, we had the replica so that we (Elder Avila and I) could share President’s vision for the mission.  On Friday, we had exchanges.  I guess that killing chickens is just a popular service project here in Villa Alemana because we helped some members kill, pluck, and gut 4 chickens! haha (don’t worry this time I was a man and didn’t get light headed)  Elder Homer from Arkansas was the Elder that was with me.  He lived on a farm and let’s just say he wasn´t afraid to cut some chickens heads off. haha

Well on the other side of things.... I really do love the mission.  It has been really hard for us to find new people to teach.  I know I can give more and this week I am really going to try my best to be my best.  I may not be able to baptize every person I teach, but I can talk with every person I see and try my best to serve the Lord with everything I have.  I have learned a lot this week about the gift of discernment.  Elder Bednar gave a great talk called "Quick to Observe".  I would really recommend it.  It talks about the importance of finding the hidden good and the hidden bad in every situation or even in ourselves.  The gift of discernment helps us to get rid of the excuses in our lives and live more faithfully to the covenants we have made.  I love my Savior and I love getting to know Him and our Heavenly Father better each day.  Thanks for all you do.

Love,
Elder Crofts
Humberto went to the temple to do baptisms and LOVED IT. He is reading the scriptures everyday and is already in Alma 38.

Some pictures from the October mission leadership conference.  They are from the mission blog.






Heather were you driving here?

Looks like the car you hit. Haha, don't hate it's just love.
Elder Avila and I decided to buy some Churrascos one night this week.
Yum, Yum.








Yummy chicken!

Good thing Elder Homer could do the dirty work.




Some of the rest of the chicken service project.










President & Sister Diaz


No comments:

Post a Comment