Monday, September 28, 2015



September 28, 2015

When options run low, the faith needs to run high

I thought of you when I heard that Elder Scott died.  How crazy that 3 have died in such a short amount of time!!!  I am bummed about it but it made me really happy to think about Elder Scott with his wife again.  He always talked about her.  Well I am doing really well.  Elder Avila is really self-critical and gets down at times and I am trying to help him out to have more light in his life.  The work has been a little tough but we are working hard and trying to make things happen. 

So we are still fighting to find people! This is the smallest area that I have had in my mission and we just found out yesterday that our map we had was wrong and our sector is EVEN SMALLER than what we thought! So hopefully we can get some miracles happening with our nice little area.

There have been quite a few aftershocks throughout the week from the earthquake but I am starting to get used to it. haha I guess some Brazilian scientist says that some bigger earthquakes are coming Chiles way soon but who knows! 

Well this week as I thought about the importance we have of taking care of our physical and spiritual progress, I thought of what happens to our bodies if we just feed them without a proper amount of exercise..... we get FAT.  In the same way, we can read our scriptures, go to church and say our prayers (feed ourselves spiritually).  But if we don’t mix in a good amount of exercise (putting into PRACTICE the things we learn), our spirits will also become fat and lazy and we won’t be able to feel the spirit in the way that we might have hoped.

Well the truth is that as I try to think of what happened this week nothing comes to my mind.  We found some new investigators and lost them 2 days later because of the "change" in our limits with the new map we have.  The weather is amazing.  I love the mission.  It is tough but I am learning to love the work that God has prepared for me.  I love my Savior.  I love this gospel and know that there is still a ton that I don’t understand but I know God loves me.  I know that this is His work.  I know that this is where I need to be! Thanks for the prayers for the Chileans!  It is needed!

Love,
Elder Crofts
A bridge we had to cross during interchanges

"When life gets tough....

...make apple pie."

The view from our pensions bathroom

LUNAR ECLIPSE




No comments:

Post a Comment