Monday, February 2, 2015



February 2, 2015

Well, I had a very good week.  Meri and Segundo came to church yesterday.  We prepared them breakfast so that they would stay for more time because last week they left because they were hungry.  They are on track for their baptism this Sunday and things are looking great! We taught them about eternal marriage in our family night Tuesday and we committed them to get sealed in the temple here in one year! They don’t understand or retain everything we teach but they feel the spirit and have desires to enter the waters. So, pull out the white pants Elder García because we are going to get a little wet.

Well, we are teaching another grandpa named Guillermo (William).... and well.... to explain shortly.... every time we pass by we ask him how he is with his reading of the Book of Mormon.  He always says "Oh very good" then opens up to some random page in the Book of Mormon, reads a few lines, then shares his lovely words of wisdom about the verse.  This week when we asked him how it went, He opened it up and he read the line "and they traveled in the borders of the red sea."  Then after thinking for a few seconds he said "so.....it was a river? or a lake?" well we will see how much time we give him to progress.... haha His grandson is twenty and inactive so we will still be passing by but maybe not for him.. haha 

So the Bravo family (Elder Dunn’s favorite converts during his time here) told us last week that they are basically going inactive.  I got here when they were there strongest and were doing so great, despite their financial problems and now I have watched them slowly drift away from the church.  Elder Dunn is going to be heartbroken when I see him this change (IF I see him).  But a huge bummer.

Rita update: She is doing well.  She only comes to church every other Sunday because she has to visit her Mom.  She found a job and we are trying to help her to pay her tithing and be obedient! She is awesome! 

Elder García update: He is doing well also.  He is super awesome and I have learned a lot from him.  He has a lot of charity and that is something I am working on.  I love him but he can be a little child sometimes..... haha.  The other night, I gave him a piece of gum and after a few minutes I looked and saw that he was lying on his bed.  I asked him what was wrong and he said he bit his tongue and it gave him a headache.  I have had the privilege of listening to him complain about his tongue the last few days. Oh my child.  Despite the childish things he does, I have learned a lot from him.  This will probably be my last full week with him and my last week in Concon.  I am hoping everything works out for the best! 

Just a little spiritual thought.... In Mosiah 16:1 it says that "all will confess that the judgments of God are just."  It made me think of what it will be like when we all are resurrected according to our desires and actions.  We won’t have a doubt in that day if we are worthy or not to enter in to His kingdom.  We will KNOW what we deserve.  I love the talk by President Uchtdorf  "Lord, is it I?"  I am so grateful for the atonement and the knowledge that no matter the mistakes we might have made, we can always start over and we can get to the point that, like Enos, we know that our experience at the judgment bar will be "pleasing."  I know that we are strong when we recognize our weaknesses and turn them over to the Lord. I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week! 

Love,
Elder Crofts
Not the best pic but a pretty darn good view!
The breakfast we prepared for Meri & Segundo

Elder Garcia struggles to cook an egg so when he offered to make ceviche (that has raw fish) I wasn't feeling too confident
The view from our apartment
The view we had walking to the church

Well that tan line is coming in nice

Chorillana.. essentially a heart attack on a plate

with a side of gas for dessert.... but tasty

Elder Marchant & Fernandez baptized Sandra. What an angel!


Our awesome ward mission leader (Cristian Perez)




No comments:

Post a Comment