Monday, January 5, 2015



January 5, 2015

Feliz Anos!

2014 is finished and 2015 is a go! 

Well... I can’t believe I am already in my 4th change.  I am staying here in Concon with Elder Garcia! I am super happy and hope that I can keep learning and that I can help Elder Garcia to really improve.  He is an awesome guy and we are good friends.  I am glad that I can be his trainer.  This last week we were contacting and knocking a few doors when Elder Garcia REEALLY had to use the bathroom.  So we asked this man who was standing outside in his patio if we could use it (because we already learned our lesson that when Elder Garcia needs to use the bathroom.....we do it.)  We entered and well.... I don’t really know what happened.....haha we tried to share a message with him and he was all for it.  He pulled out his Bible and started to read, throwing in a few prayers like "padre nuestro" throughout...... but now the good part..... We were about to leave this lively man when he said "Wait!!!! Give me your hand." (He then stood up and came near to us) He then gave us the “keys of the priesthood” and told us to go and spread it with everyone!!!! haha I almost busted out laughing I had to try so hard not to! Well, what´ll yah do? A little bit of liquor and false doctrine don’t really help a guy out....haha

So we found some new investigators named Jessenia and Carlos.  They are a young couple that is not married that has a 6 yr old named Ricardo.  They are SO good! She has been taught by missionaries before and came to church last Sunday and basically bore her testimony to us that she feels that this church is true.  They didn’t come to church yesterday because Ricardo got sick in the morning and they had to go to the hospital.  But they felt super bad and really wanted to go so we passed by after church. When we got there, they gave us some watermelon and can I just say it was beautiful to have watermelon again after about 5 months.  We started talking and Jessenia told us about a few of the drug problems of her sister.  I felt prompted to teach the Word of Wisdom even though they hadn’t read the Book of Mormon or received an answer that it is true.  We taught them it and committed them to live it! They were all for it and turned over all of their alcohol, cigarettes and coffee!!!! It was a MIRACLE. Ricardo says that he wants to be a missionary and he wants to be baptized so bad. haha Jessenia has said multiple times to him "pay attention so that you can be baptized in 2 years."  I am amazed how much the Lord prepares people.  This Tuesday, we have an appointment and hopefully we can commit them to be married and baptized in the next few weeks.

I am loving being a missionary.  I am learning a lot and hoping to keep on learning.  I know that this church is true.  I have been looking over the 4th missionary (thanks Jace Dalton for having Drake give it to me) and it really is a talk for life not just for the mission.  I know that if we turn all over to the Lord. He will make a lot more of us and our circumstances than we can.  Thanks for the support and prayers. It means the World.

Love,
Elder Crofts
Mission blog photo when Elder Garcia arrived from Peru
Zone Conference Vina Oeste

Combined Conference with Vina & Vina Oeste








Still smiling




No comments:

Post a Comment