Tuesday, August 19, 2014



August 19, 2014

UNA SEMANA MAS!!!!!

HOLA! 
The spirit here at the CCM is still great.  I am learning a lot but I am really ready to go to Chile and do what I have been called to do.  So this week, our teacher was saying how certain accents in English are hard for him to understand.  So we asked what was the hardest to understand for Spanish.  And wouldn’t you know it....CHILE.  haha  So that should be a great time.  I guess they just talk crazy fast.  On the bright side, that will probably mean I will be able to talk faster than all my other Spanish speaking friends ;) haha I understand most everything that people say here in the CCM.  But the other day, we watched a video of someone from Bolivia....I was lucky to pick up 20 percent. haha Wish me luck.

So yesterday for gym we played soccer.  Every time a team scores a goal the losers go off for the next team.  We played for an hour and were completely undefeated.  I think I heard some people say President Pratt was going to have some futbol scouts come try and recruit us to the Mexico National team.  But sorry, we got work to do.

So the other night during my companionship prayer with Elder Lechemenant, Elder Bryan said something that was hilarious to Elder Edwards and I held in my laugh for a second then fell over on the ground laughing... haha Never have I laughed so hard that I cried....until that night.  I couldn’t even talk and it turned into like a sob instead of a laugh....haha it was hilarious.  I guess it must have been a long day.

I read both of Amy & Kristy’s emails!!! I have been praying a lot for them, especially Amy.  I sent Amy an email just a second ago. If you diagnosed me with Celiac I would probably just say you know what.... not worth it and deal with the rashes and diarrhea or find some way to put myself out of my misery.  haha I will pray for the sake of all of us that the same doesn’t happen to me.

Everything else is great! I was able to help a guy in my district who was having a rough time but I don’t have time to tell the whole story but I definitely received guidance.  Not that I like when people have problems... but I love being able to help people so I am really excited to get into the field so I can do that constantly.

So the "plague" has died down and no one is sick with it anymore I think.  But I have had diarrhea for about the past week.  I took those one pills the 2nd or 3rd day in and I think I just needed to take more later.  Elder Edwards gave me some of his medicine that really helped him so my last episode was at like 8:30 this morning.  It is not that I am constantly needing to go but when I do go it definitely aint the same as back in Utah. haha The food is good. It just sucks about the diarrhea you get from it.  But it is better than I expected it to be.  Also I think I have lost 1-4 pounds... don’t know because it is in kilos.  But I think I have trimmed down in fat especially on my stomach.  Each day while we have gym, I hurry and get ready before the others and do about 5 minutes of jump rope then I do other just body weight lifts.  So I am staying in pretty good shape.


We got to watch another Elder Holland talk. He talked about the importance of preparing.  He said something like "when you are face to face, knee to knee with your investigator,  you HAVE TO come through"  I have been trying hard so I will be ready both spiritually and with a knowledge of the gospel.  

I can’t wait for my red eye flight to Chile!!! I think I fly straight to Chile.  I know some missionaries have called home at the airport but I don’t think we are supposed to and really everything is good so don’t count on anything in that regard.  I think my flight will be like 8:40pm to 5:50 am or something like that.  Yeah I really just get stoked every day when I think about leaving in just a few days.

I don’t know my exact flight number because I have not picked it up yet from the reception but Elder Bryan and Edwards who are both going to Chile are Monday at like 8:40 pm.  I will find out for sure though.  I think we can email you on Saturday night from 6:45 to 7:45 but I am not positive on that so don’t take my word for it.  

So right now I have 800 pesos left.  I am planning on having maybe 200- 300 for the airport just to pig out on some good restaurants.  We are going to get our teachers a gift so I am anticipating having maybe 300 left over if I get some snacks or something at the tienda during the rest of the week.  I think I might ponder about giving it to someone who is deserving and needs it like you said.  But we will see.  

I love this gospel and I know that this message is going to change so many people’s lives for the better.  Can’t wait! But gotta go! Love you!!

Love,

Elder Crofts

My study spot each day

No comments:

Post a Comment