Tuesday, August 12, 2014



August 12, 2014

HOLA! 

The weeks just fly by!!!  I can’t believe I am down to two weeks.  I am glad though... I don’t think I could take not being out in the field much longer. haha
So there is some sort of epidemic going around the CCM. haha there are districts where everyone but two elders are so sick that they can’t leave their house.  No one in my district has gotten it yet but keepin the fingers crossed.  There is a no handshaking policy so we just give each other a nice little elbow bumb. haha 

I got to talk to Drake for like 15 minutes the other day at lunch which was really good.  He is doing great! 

(oh...and Amy got mad at me for the whole diablos comment from last week.... haha I rephrase that.... we love the hermanas and treat them great!  We just think it is hilarious when we see some elders and hermanas flirting....haha they got their purpose a little mixed up....)

On Sunday I was reading the fourth missionary (thanks Jace Dalton for that) and it was life changing.  We also had a great devotional where we listened to a talk by Elder Bednar that he gave in 2011 at the MTC on Christmas.  He talked about the importance of "turning out" like the Savior instead of turning in.  Our purpose in this life is to prepare to become like the Savior.  But we can’t do that if we don’t turn ourselves over to him.  In the fourth missionary, it talks about a total surrender.  Because in reality... God can make a whole lot more of ourselves than we can.  We are sons and daughters of God and need to realize who we can become.  One thing Elder Bednar said that I really like was "Just get over yourself.....who cares if it is hard....I know the NATURAL MAN.  Turn yourself over to the Lord and forget about yourself"  Elder Lechemenant loves quotes like that and gave a little fist pump after that was said... haha he is a great companion.

Today, we got to go to the temple.  I was bummed we couldn’t go in though. It is closed for renovation.  It was really pretty though.  We got to do a tour through the visitor center that was really powerful.  On the way back from the temple, we saw probably a million little taco stands.  We yelled up to the bus driver and said "¿podemos ir a comer tacos?" (Can we go to eat tacos?) He was saying no no no.... then we all were chanting "Si se puede! si se puede! si se puede!!" (You can do it) He was laughing really hard but we still didn’t get tacos... we might just have to break out of the CCM to get some.

I know that this church is true.  I know that Christ is our Savior and he suffered for every trial and heartache in our lives.  If we will rely on him, this life can be a whole lot easier and happier.  I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and helps us in our daily lives.  I am so grateful for you guys.  I love knowing that no matter what, we are a family forever.  I’ll keep Amy in my prayers.  Thanks for everything. 

Love,
Elder Crofts
Elder Lechemenant & I at the Temple.  I love this guy!
Our district at the Mexico City Temple
Nothing wrong with a little selfie on the way to the temple

Home Sweet Home. Mexico CCM.
Elder Bryan & I have a special bond
We were begging the bus driver to stop and let us get tacos.  No luck.



The fence we'll have to jump to get our tacos...but hey....when in Mexico.





No comments:

Post a Comment