Tuesday, July 29, 2014



July 29, 2014

Week 2

So this week has been pretty good!  The days kind of blend together.  Some days just drag and drag.  We get so much done during the day that the days seem so long.  But, it seems like no matter how much time we have to study, there is still never enough time. We have so much to learn and so little time to do it.

So every day we get some gym time.  The first week it was a lot of fun because there were some really good volleyball players so it was sweet.  This week... the good players must have left or something because every time we go play, we end up hating it because it is so terrible.  I hate it... my competitive nature needs to get out somehow!  Thank goodness for working out otherwise I would be restless.  Elder Lechemenant is all for working out when I want to so it is perfect!!!

So there are tons of people here.  Everything is always packed.  I don’t know how many there are but there are a ton of missionaries! We call the hermanas ´´Diablos´´ (DEVILS)  ha-ha because we want nothing to do with them for two years.  Ha-ha every time an elder in our district talks to one of the diablos we tell them ´´pack your bags elder!!!´´ ha-ha

Elder Lechemenant is from Palmer Alaska.  Being a district leader (DL) is cool.  It is tough sometimes but I love being able to help the other guys out.  The other day, Elder Edwards had a question about grace and the enabling power of the atonement (MY FAV).  I explained it to him and he was like ´´wow... I never thought of it like that...I am glad that you are our district leader!´´  I love helping other people and considering I can’t do as much of that until I leave for Chile, it is good to have the call so I can do it for the people in my district.

The Spanish is coming... There are days where it feels like I can just speak most things that come to my mind but then other days I really struggle to find the way to express what I am thinking.  It is hard to testify to our ´´investigators´´ when we are just caught on trying to just think of the words to say instead of how to say it.  But, we are definitely improving.  So you asked who came up with the idea to punch each other for speaking English.  It was my idea.   I just addressed it like our second day here and there were no complaints.  Everyone was all in for it!

My hardest day was probably last Saturday.  I just had a headache, was tired, and was reminded of home a little bit.  But nothing I can’t handle.  It is cool being a missionary.

Sundays are the best.  We have great devotionals.  This last Sunday, we watched a talk by Elder Holland.  It was SO good.  He talked about how a mission should change our lives and it is all up to what we put into it.  He talked about how some people say ´´when I get back from my mission to real life...´´ is the most incorrect thing.  He said that the mission is the closest to real life that we will ever get.  He said, there is nothing more real, or more important than our missions.  Elder Holland said that we as missionaries of this generation need to be better than the ones that have gone before us.  He said that the prophets of old knew that the gospel would not last during their dispensations but they worked hard because they knew they would be laying the groundwork for us.
I love and miss you guys! Thanks for the prayers and all you do! Love you!

Love,
Elder Crofts
Look who I ran into this week, Tanner Scheffler. It was good to see a familiar face. He is doing great and looks as handsome as ever
Elder Bryan & I with our Chile World Cup shirts.  He is going to Concepcion.

The Costco pizza = Tender mercy of the Lord. Hallelujah for Tuesday nights.

This place is crazy beautiful. Elder Bryan & Edwards.



No comments:

Post a Comment