Tuesday, July 22, 2014



July 22, 2014

Hola familia y amigos!!!! 
I am loving it here in the MTC.  It has been a lot of hard work.  The days are long.  There are days where I feel like it is four in the afternoon and I look down and see it is 11 am. Haha but it is so great.  The spirit here is so real. Sunday was the best day so far (other than how p-day is going right now).  Sunday night, we had a devotional and the spirit was incredible.  As I looked around at the record numbers of missionaries, we sang “God Be With You til We Meet Again” and there was no denying the spirit.  I felt the prophecies of old about  the gathering of Israel coming true.  How lucky I am to be a part of this momentous time.  The group that arrived the same day as me is the biggest group to arrive at the Mexico MTC.  We now have the largest number of missionaries at the CCM in history.  How cool.

My companions name is Elder Lechemenant (It’s French) and he is from Alaska.  He is a cool guy and is willing to work really hard which I love.  He is a little quiet but is funny and we get alon just fine.  We share a room with Elder Bryan and Edwards.  Elder Lechemenant is going to Colorado and Elder Bryan and Edwards are going to Concepcion Chile.  All of the missionaries going to Vina del Mar are in the beginner Spanish class.  Together, we try to talk almost all Spanish and I would say are working just as hard as anybody here to improve.  I am probably in the top 3 of my district at Spanish.  We also have a lot of fun.  We have a blast together and it is easy to get lost in the work with them. We have a bet between companionships where every time the other companionship speaks in English, it is a point and a punch in the arm. Ha-ha  The companionship with the least amount of points gets a prize. I am the district leader and there are 12 missionaries in our district.

So last week, it rained really hard.  I guess it is monsoon season in Mexico.  So, almost every day we get some rain.  It stays really nice during the day then gets worse in the afternoon.  But one day last week, it rained HARD.  Some storm clouds came as we were going to our casa.  They looked MEAN.  Within five minutes, it was raining as hard as I had ever seen.  About ten minutes later, we had a class so we had to leave five minutes later.  Elder Bryan didn’t have an umbrella so I shared with him.  I don’t think it even helped.  I think the rain was coming horizontally. ha-ha We got soaked.  We were running and screaming like little girls.  There was one point where there was like 6 inches of water in the street we had to cross so we just ran for our lives.  I was wet the rest of the night.  I had a red pocket book in my shirt pocket that stained my shirt.  But with a little cloro and some faith my shirt looks brand new :)

FOOOOOOOOOOD.
So I wouldnt say the food here is amazing but it is definitely pretty good.  They always have one or two courses to choose from (all you can eat of course ;)...) Then they have tortillas and rice and beans and a bunch of fruit.  So basically,  I think I am going to be a legend for how good the tacos are that I make.  I got this thing down..... I might start a little black market for my tacos or something just for fun.  The Mexicanos would love me for it.  Every Tuesday for dinner we get COSTCO PIZZA!!!!  The tender mercies of God are over all those whom he has chosen.... and I take it he has chosen the CCM!!! HALLELUJAH! We get it tonight so I am pretty stoked.

I am so grateful to be a missionary.  I love the MTC but I can’t wait to get out in the field.  I love you guys and pray for and think of you often.
Love,
Elder Crofts
Elder Crofts & Elder Lechemenant
Roommates at the MTC. Elders Crofts, Lechemenant, Bryan & Edwards

My last meal of American food at TGI Fridays in Dallas

Some of the Elders I hung out with on the flight to Mexico City


Massive rainstorm (it was worse than it looks)


This place is beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment