Tuesday, May 5, 2015



May 4, 2015

Well, it was a SUPER good birthday! Sorry to hear that things didn’t turn out so well back home.  Last week, we found out that in our zone we have a Subway and a Brownies Factory.  We went and it was SO GOOD! It was so amazing that we decided to go today as well.  In the night time, the relief society president in our ward said that she needed us to arrive at her house because she wanted to have a mission meeting with our ward mission leader.  We got there and it started out everything normal (even though there were more people than I would have thought for just a mission meeting) when suddenly all the lights went out and a big old cake with a candle came floating out of the darkness.  haha They said that they wanted to celebrate my birthday and the baptism (This was the 1st baptism that the ward has had that will actually stay active in about a year)  It was a super great day and I think my favorite p-day up until now in the mission! 

ALEJANDRO!!! So the other day, we were walking along the street when I felt that I should just ask a man walking in our direction how he was doing.  He broke down and said that he wasn’t doing so well.  We started to talk with him and he was super interested in how the gospel could bless his life.  He has been having problems with his wife (or partner.... I don’t think they are married) and really just wants the best for his 2 kids (ages 8 and 3).  He came to the stake conference that we had this weekend and really liked it.  Yesterday, we taught him the restoration and explained to him the happiness that he can have as he understands God´s will for him and his family.  He accepted a baptismal date for the 17th.  It could be a problem because I doubt that he is married but we are going to work with him and hopefully everything works out.  He is always telling us to pray for him and he tells us how grateful he is that we decided to talk with him last Wednesday night.  

Oh Juanito.... a member named Juanito (little John) is an old single man that lives alone.  He LOVES to give lunch to the Elders and man he sure doesn’t hold back.  We ate lunch with him on Thursday.  The entre was a big bowl of soup with a piece of steak that probably was about 14 ounces.  When he brought back the second plate, to our delight it was a plate of a bunch of noodles and a piece of steak that was probably about 8-10 ounces.  When Jaunito went to the kitchen to grab something, Elder Brown turned to me and said "Round two..... FIGHT!" Man he wasn´t kidding.  Juanito came back and told us that he was trying to gain weight and that these noodles were ESPECIALLY fattening.....peeerrrfect. haha He also gave us another plate of the same thing but this time with only about 6 ounces of meat.  Oh I was ready to die.

Well I am not sure if you have heard or not but in Osorno there were 4 sister missionaries living together and 2 robbers broke into their department, robbed them, and violated one of the sisters.  When I found out it just made me so mad to think that people can be so lost and so cruel.  I thought of my sisters serving missions and it wasn´t setting easy with me. So keep them in your prayers! I am sure they need it

  Something I have thought about a lot this week is how there is always room to improve.  I always hoped to come out start working miracles.  I have learned that a lot of the miracles that happen are simple tender mercies that happen that make you know you are doing what the Lord wants.  Hearing someone’s first sincere vocal prayer, or seeing the progress in investigators or members, or reading a scripture that really just hits home, are all signs that God loves us and that he really does have a plan for us.  There are a lot of moments that can suck, when things don’t turn out just as we had hoped.  But we just need to remember that God has a plan for us and that we just need to endure and remember the things that matter most in life.  We shouldn’t lower our expectations, and we also shouldn’t get down when things don’t turn out as we planned.  We turn it all over to God and let him make the results that he hopes to receive.  I love the mission, I love my savior, I love my family and I love my mom. :) Can´t wait to talk to you guys next week.  Can´t believe another Skype session is already here.  Until Sunday.

Elder Crofts

At Subway with Elder Neilson

So happy to eat at Subway that I almost cried

Brownies Factory deliciousness


Edible fat.....yummy

Hermana Cuello (Relief Society President)

B-Day party, Big 19!




Don't remember this hat being on the mission prep list

Selfie with the birthday party guests

Happy birthday

Last district meeting

Picture of our district.  *If you have been keeping track, this is the only picture out of 26 photos this week that doesn't involve food or eating.  All is well with Elder Crofts!*
First plate with Juanito


This was the 2nd and 3rd plate with Juanito.....holy death
I think we killed a whole cow between the 3 of us
Subway # Round 2



Meet the Guaton ( It translates "big stomach".......wonder why?

I wasn't feeling all the mayonnaise......

Maybe next time!

Brownies factory fun




No comments:

Post a Comment