Monday, April 6, 2015



April 6, 2015
SSSSSnakes!!!!
Well this week was super good.  We didn’t have a ton of success with investigators or anything but I really learned a lot.  Last Monday, we taught Cristian.  He is really passing through some hard times.  We started to talk with him and talked about the blessings of baptism and how he can start all over.  I honestly can say I felt the spirit stronger in this lesson than in any other in the mission.  I felt like every word we said was just guided.  The Lord really wants this so much for Cristian and He knows how much Cristian needs it.  We invited him to be baptized and after 10-15 seconds of silence he said no.  We continued to talk and tried to find what kept him from accepting it.  We then extended the invitation again.  There was a pause of 10-20 seconds.  The spirit really was fighting like a bull with Cristian.  I don’t think I have ever seen the spirit working so much in someone.  You could tell that Cristian was fighting it but finally he gave in and accepted.  We set a date for the 19th of April.  He said he would give us a definite answer on Friday because he still wanted to ponder it out.  We passed by on Friday and he wasn’t there.  Thursday night we had passed by to remind him but when we got there he stepped outside to smoke with his brother.  We have a lesson planned for today so hopefully it will work out.  I am convinced he will be baptized shortly.
Well like the title says some snakes came into play the other day.  Elder Brown and I were taking a bus to our apartment and went to the back when we got on.  There were 5 or 6 young girls that were seated in the middle of the bus and they kept looking back at us.  After a minute or two, they came back and sat next to us.  Elder Brown and I just kept talking and kept the gaze towards the front of the bus.  Our bus stop came and we stood up to be able to step down when suddenly one of the girls shouted "Don't go!!!!" Elder Brown responded essentially with words like "why on earth wouldn’t we?" haha as the bus drove away we could see six little serpents hissing kisses at us out the back window.  A little uncomfortable but also a little funny. haha
I had an intercambio with an Elder named Elder Veloso.  He is from Santiago and is only in his second change.  I introduced him to a PB&J.  He LOVED it.  So you can say that was a success of the week. ´MERICA.
Sorry no pics this week.  The adapter I have broke so I need to buy a new one.  Hopefully I can get it before next week.  But you all look great! I am praying for you all daily!
I loved the conference.  I really liked Elder Bednar’s talk about facing our fears and trusting in God and President Uchtdorf´s talk about grace.  I feel like there is so much that I don’t understand still about the Savior and how He could possibly suffer for all of the world.  I am so grateful for this incomprehensible truth and I am grateful for a living and loving Savior who prepared the way for us.  I love you all!
Elder Crofts
PS Thanks for the b-day package.  I decided to just open it even though it isn’t until the 27th ;) Thank you SOOO MUCH!  I love you guys! and I loved everything

No comments:

Post a Comment