Monday, October 6, 2014



October 6, 2014

Chile is Chill

"by radio, satellite, and internet transmission throughout the world...."

How cool it was to have this apply to me this conference.  I really missed going to the priesthood session with you dad and the normal “Jakes over the Top” shake after!  But it was an amazing conference!  I learned a lot and more than ever before I know that we have living prophets of God on the Earth.  I was praying to receive an answer about surrendering my heart over to the Lord and I really felt that I received an answer.  I loved a ton of the talks and I felt like all my needs were being addressed.  The 3 English speaking Elders in Concon (me and Elders Dunn and Wadman) watched the conference in English in a room of the church on a small TV.  Our connection died in the Sunday morning session so I had to listen to the prophet in Spanish and it was good but it was hard to get as much out of it.  I already put the talks on a penn drive to listen to while we have time in the mornings and in the night.  Elder Dunn got sick yesterday so the mission nurse said after the 2nd session of conference to just go get warm and get rest.  We got back and he went right to sleep.  And me you may ask? Surprise, surprise, I ate.  I decided I would improvise with the food I had and made a little sausage cheese burger with lays.  It was nice and relaxed.  I then studied my notes from conference and went to sleep.  I had a little headache with some chills yesterday but I just took some Tylenol before I went to sleep.

So, we found 7 new investigators this week!!! We were really working for it.  Three of them are a family.  They just had their 23 yr. old son die so we taught them the plan of salvation and the spirit was really strong.  Everything was right where we wanted it.  BUT THEN.....this lady who was visiting their house just started going off about things that had nothing to do with what we were talking about and was throwing all sorts of false doctrine out there and would NOT let us talk.  Elder Dunn almost had to constrain me from going straight up gorilla on this lady.  We both were DYING.  Finally, Elder Dunn turned to me and whispered and said "JUST TALK!!!" So I started talking and gave a resume of the plan of salvation and bore testimony as well and as powerful as I could.  The spirit came back, (as I bore testimony this crazy lady was nodding her head in agreement with everything I said even though she was saying the exact opposite....what do yah do?)  We invited them to pray to know if what we taught them was true then we left.  

Right after, we SPRINTED back to the mission opening of an awesome member named Javiera.  We only had about 5 minutes to be back to the pension so we sprinted and barely made it.  We were sweating and it took like five minutes to catch our breath for the prayer.


I had an intercambio with Elder Tousley.  He only has one more change than me and my Spanish is more advanced so I was SUPER NERVOUS. We ended up having one of the more successful days of my mission and the spirit we had was really strong.  Not once did I struggle that day with understanding anyone and I was definitely blessed with the gift of tongues.



I also had an experience with a contact (sorry lots of stuff this week).  We talked with her and she seemed interested and she accepted the invitation to take and read the Book of Mormon.  While Elder Dunn marked the spot to read, I testified to her of God’s love for her, that she is a daughter of Him and that He wants to bless her more than she can know.  I then said that this book is the gateway to these blessings.  Her eyes began to tear up and Elder Dunn handed her the book.  She was choked up a little bit and struggled to talk.  It was a sweet experience.  She doesn’t live in our sector but I am convinced that she will accept the message someday.

What a blessing to be a missionary.  Some days aren’t too great: other days there is nothing better.  But the Lord blesses and qualifies those whom he calls.  I am grateful for the countless blessings that I have received and am receiving because of my decision to serve a mission.  The church is true and should ALWAYS be the 1st priority.  I love and miss you all! I pray for my fam, friends, and fellow missionaries often! Dios le bendice.

Con amor,
Elder Crofts


Companion exchange this week with Elder Tousley
Me doing what I do best
The sunsets here are unbelievable
The ocean is in the background



District Meeting

After running back from the mission call opening of Javiera

Elder Dunn at our pension

Elder Dunn sick and out cold
Cutest girl in all of Chile




No comments:

Post a Comment